Friday, October 9, 2009

first and foremost

as i sit here staring at a blank screen, i find that my idea to create a blog is turning out to be more intimidating than deciding to train for the actual marathon. how do i start? what should i say really? how did i get myself into this? well, that last question is easier to answer than the others, so lets start there. after cheering my brother, andrew, on at his first half-marathon more than a year ago, i felt motivated to do something great just like him! unfortunately, like all my other poorly thought out resolutions, it quickly became one of those 'i once thought about running a marathon' moments and was then neatly tucked away into the recesses of my mind that hold what-could-have-beens. however, over the past seven months or so, the idea began to appear much more attractive to me. i thought about it and thought about it. i even took the first step and purchased some running shoes and started going to the gym more regularly with friends (although, i'm not so sure how beneficial that time was :) considering we would be done 30 minutes into it and go out to eat right after). then i began reading about running and how to train for a marathon and all that jazz. then i started telling friends and family what i was thinking about and it just grew from there until i found myself excited, pumped-up, nervous, scared and ready to register come july! now as i begin my sixteen week hard-core training (which started two weeks ago, i just think 100 days to run sounds more interesting than 114 days) i find that i need a little bit more motivation and accountability to survive the next three months. so, in a nut shell, that is why i'm here doing what i'm doing. oh, p.s. there are a few more serious reasons that i won't go into right now, maybe later :)


and that my friends is how this all began! if i can handle a marathon, i'm convinced that i can handle anything!
with God all things are possible!

1 comment:

  1. Willie - What an awesome weekend! I suspect (expect) that some of that HW candy will magically appear on my desk at some point.

    Much Love - Dadeo

    ReplyDelete